Wednesday 23 December 2009

Events



I’ve enjoyed being involved in a wide range of events during the past twelve months, ranging from convention panels to a workshop for aspiring writers at Harrogate, the Crimefest Mastermind competition, bookshop and library talks, and various performances of ‘Who Killed George Hargrave?’

One of the pleasures of these events is the chance to meet readers (and potential readers – a much larger category!) and, of course, some of those who read and comment on this blog. I hope very much that 2010 will enable me to make the acquaintance of more of you.

My webmaster has now updated the Events page on my website to include details of next year’s events, so far as they have been scheduled. The first, on 30th January, is to take place at Ormskirk Library. It’s been arranged by Jenn Ashworth, herself an author and blogger of note. For the first time in several years, I’m teaming up with that fine writer Sophie Hannah. We last met in the autumn, when Sophie was inducted into the Detection Club, and I’m looking forward to working with her again.

6 comments:

harriet said...

Oh dear! until just over 3 months ago I lived 6 miles from Ormskirk --now I am in Oxford which is a bit far to travel, otherwise I would have been so delighted to come to your do at the library!

Anonymous said...

Martin - Thanks for letting us know of the events you'll be involved with. I wish you much success with them!

Paul Beech said...

Hi Martin,

I’ve no doubt your pairing up with Sophie Hannah will work brilliantly.

There are major differences in your literary styles, of course. And surely there are sharp contrasts in your approaches to writing as well – eg the emphasis placed on location. Which is all to the good.

I’m sure the Ormskirk event will prove a fascinating distraction from the winter blues for all crime fiction fans able to make it. I shall be heading north with my sat-nav for sure. I’ve already put my name down for a ticket.

Hope your webmaster enjoyed his first term at Oxford.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Paul

Martin Edwards said...

Hi Harriet - maybe our paths will cross in Oxford, for instance at the St Hilda's weekend, instead!

Martin Edwards said...

Greetings, Paul. It will be good to see you again.
My webmaster had a whale of a time during his first term, I'm glad to say.
All the best for the festive season to you too.

crimeficreader said...

I rather enjoyed Jenn Ashworth's debut novel earlier this year.