Sunday 31 December 2023

2023 - People

I've had the chance to spend quality time with some wonderful people during the past twelve months. It's impossible to mention everyone, let alone create some kind of artificial hierarchy. So here, in no particular order, are some photos which serve as reminders of a fantastic year. And whether we've met in person or been in touch some other way, can I thank all of you who have contributed to my happiness this year. Here's to 2024!


The great Peter Lovesey. This picture recalls a lovely day spent with him and Jax in Shrewsbury.

I had a great time at Harrogate this year and one of many highlights was attending Alex Hawley's book launch.


A night to remember in New York City. Here's Jennifer Dee, with my Edgar, and Anthony Horowitz with his.

The Road Scholar gang, outside the Radcliffe Camera. A wonderful trip.










Pictures from Malice Domestic. I love that photo of Vaseem Khan, Ann Cleeves, Catriona McPherson and me in rain that made Washington DC seem like Manchester at its worst!

A glorious evening in Croatia with Helena, Kate Ellis, and Roger Bullock.



The CWA conference in York with Linda Stratmann, Michael Ridpath, Keith Miles, Judith Cutler and Vickie Goldie among others.



The Detection Club's summer lunch, with David Stuart Davies, Russell James, Kate Ellis, Ragnar Jonasson, Peter Lovesey, Simon Brett, and Kathryn White.










Magic moments from San Diego with some more delightful people, not least the gang from Sourcebooks, my American publishers. And speaking of magic moments, here's someone we lost in 2023 whom I never met but whose music continues to give me so much pleasure. Gone but not forgotten!











No comments: