Monday 4 March 2024

Books and Book News

 


The sun is shining and there's definitely a touch of spring in the air. After a winter of writing, I'm looking forward to various book activities and associated trips. Today I've sent in the fruit of my winter labours, the manuscript of Hemlock Bay, to my publisher, after it received the seal of approval from my agent. So it was timely as well as gratifying to learn that the extremely well-read Kate Jackson has chosen Sepulchre Street, the previous Rachel Savernake novel, as her February book of the month

I mentioned Bill Knox and The Lazarus Widow the other day and was pleased to be name-checked in a BBC website article about Bill  I'm also delighted that this month sees the first two books in the series, Gallows Court and Mortmain Hall, published in Taiwan. This is the very first time I've ever been published in Taiwan and I'm grateful to Tymo Lin and everyone else who has made this possible. Here are the covers:




Yesterday I was glad to catch up with a number of friends at an excellent CWA Northern Chapter Sunday lunch in Knutsford. I took along the gorgeous, specially bound copy of Eileen Dewhurst's The House That Jack Built, which celebrates Eileen's joy in membership of the CWA. Here's a photo of Jean Briggs and me with the book, taken by Jason Monaghan:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these book covers... The first one, so colorful and eye-catching; the total image is quite appealing and apropos. The second two covers give a marvelously moody and mysterious vibe, with touches of color that draw the viewer in to give a closer look. BRAVO!
I do find it curious, however, that the cover designer chose to separate Gallows after the double L, instead of between the L's, as would be grammatically correct. Kelley in AZ.

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks so much for this, Kelley. Much appreciated. I'm always thrilled by news of overseas editions. I suspect the artist may not have been thinking too much about English grammar!