Sunday 10 May 2009

Crimefest 2009


I’m looking forward to attending Crimefest in Bristol next week (blog posts will continue to appear while I’m away) and I hope to have the chance to chat to some of those who read this blog while I’m there. Please do come and say hello if you spot me wandering around the convention.

I’m involved in three events on the programme. At 4.30 pm on Thursday 14 May, I’m participating moderator in a panel reflecting on bygone authors. Panel members are: Mary Andrea Clarke, Barry Forshaw, Declan Hughes and Sarah Rayne.

At 11 am on the Sunday, I’m again participating moderator on a panel titled ‘Edge of Doom’. My colleagues will be Steven Hague, M.R.Hall, Brian McGillowray and Caro Ramsay.

And an hour later, I’ll be involved in the Mastermind quiz, presided over by Maxim Jakubowski. Also participating are Simon Brett, David Stuart Davies and Meg Gardiner.

It should all be very enjoyable and it will be good to meet old friends and make new ones – always the twin highlights of conventions such as this.

8 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks, David. It's one of the highlights of the UK crime calendar, along with the Harrogate Festival and the St Hilda's conference.

seana graham said...

Martin, I still don't really understand where you find the time to do all you do. Have a great time! And good luck on the quiz!

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks, Seana, much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could go...

Martin Edwards said...

Me too, Bbookwitch. Maybe you can make the Portico Library event on 8 July?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, whereas Bristol is a shortage of money, the other date is yet another one where I've chosen to remove myself out of reach of all sorts of interesting things that are now sprouting everywhere.

Martin Edwards said...

Never mind, Bookwitch, I hope our paths will cross eventually. There are details of my other events on the website.