Wednesday 25 August 2010

Adrian Magson


I was very pleased the other day to receive a review copy of Adrian Magson’s new novel, Death on the Marais. It’s the first in a new series set in France and featuring Inspector Lucas Rocco, and it’s due to be published by Allison & Busby (who also publish my Lake District Mysteries) on 6 September. I gather that a follow-up title is due to appear in 2011.

In this story, set in 1963, Rocco discovers the body of a murdered woman – in a military cemetery and wearing a Gestapo uniform. It’s an intriguing set-up and I’m looking forward to devouring the book just as soon as time permits.

Adrian has emerged during the past few years as a prolific writer, both of fact and fiction. He has recently been involved in judging the CWA Short Story Dagger, and his occasional short stories are well worth seeking out. His articles frequently appear in writing magazines, and his Riley Gavin and Frank Palmer series, published by Creme de la Crime, has earned critical acclaim. He also writes a series about MI5 officer Harry Tate, published by Severn House. He was short-listed for the CWA Debut Dagger Award, and since he lived for some years in France, I would confidently expect his new book to have a very authentic setting. I am optimistic that Allison &Busby have picked a winner here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin - I look forward to reading what you think of Death on the Mrais. The premise sounds interesting, and I hope that you'll enjoy it.

aguja said...

So many crime novels to look out for! I shall await the winter and 'curl up' time to select those which I thmk will appeal to my taste. This one certainly does so .... and I must look for your Lake District novels( holiday land of my childhood), having enjoyed reading four of the Liverpool series, after discovering you in Blogland.
I always enjoy reading your reviews, but am not always competent to comment as many authors etc. are new to me.

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks, Margot.
Aguja - I'm delighted you like the Harry books. The Lakes books have a different style, but I hope they appeal to you as well.