Wednesday 28 December 2011

21 Today!


Although this blog is about crime writing and not about my family, it wouldn’t exist without the young man who designed the template (and updated it recently) and set me on the right road, and who also designed and continues to maintain my website. As Jonathan is 21 today, I should take the chance to pay tribute to his good humoured support and encouragement for his technologically incompetent father, and thank him for all his hard work. And to thank him also for his terrific companionship, not least when he and I went on a short holiday to Rome earlier this year, when the photo was taken.

I still can’t believe that it’s 21 years since that amazing day when he was born. A day which will always remain among the most memorable of my life. Well done on 21 great years, Jonathan, and all the very best in terms of health and happiness in the years to come.

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Happy birthday Jonathan - may it be the start of a wonderful, successful and happy year for you!

Ed Gorman said...

Not only my son but my grandkids have given up on me as hopeless. As I am. Over thirty years of using a computer and I can lay claim only to conquering on-off with any certainty.

Anonymous said...

Martin - Happy Birthday to Jonathan and many more :-).

crimeficreader said...

Happy birthday to Jonathan and I hope you are all having a wonderful festive season, Martin. Wishing you all the best for 2012.

Paul Beech said...

Martin, as a proud and technologically incompetent dad myself, your post resonates for me – strongly! Your Rome trip with Jonathan reminds me of a most enjoyable visit to Betws-y-Coed with my son Chris several months ago. Yes, it’s good to be reminded of the good stuff in our lives, the things that really matter. And your birthday tribute to Jonathan does just that.

Jonathan, great work, all your techno-wizardry on your dad’s website and blog – well done! Have a brilliant 21st and all the very best for the future.

Paul

J said...

Hooray for Jonathan, and Happy Birthday!

Dorte H said...

Happy birthday to Jonathan, and I am glad he is willing to help you so we can enjoy your blog posts!

Uriah Robinson said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan.

Martin Edwards said...

Thank you all very much - we had a great day.

wendy said...

Give Jonathan our best wishes on his 21st birthday. Hope you all had a lovely christmas and we send best wishes for 2012 .

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks, Wendy. And all the best to you and Brian and we look forward to seeing you soon.