Saturday 24 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

I've now finished work for the Christmas break, one that I've been looking forward to. A chance to relax and also reflect on what has been a momentous year for the whole world, and certainly momentous and memorable for me.

I'm also hoping to do plenty of reading - got to make an impact on that TBR pile somehow! In fact, it's not so much a pile, more a mountain range of Himalayan proportions.

There have been, of course, plenty of mysteries set at and around Christmas. Hercule Poirot's Christmas is probably the most famous, but my favourite is Cyril Hare's An English Murder. This is a classic mystery by one of the most agreeable stylists at work in the genre in the 20th century. If you like older books, and don't know this one, do consider giving it a try.

And now all that remains is to wish you all a very happy Christmas, and to express my grateful thanks for your support for this blog, and for your consistently constructive and thought-provoking comments. More posts soon, but now I'm off to wrap presents!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin - Your TBR and mine probably look very similar in size.... ;-). I wish you and your family a very joyous Christmas and all the best in the new year!

K said...

Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to reading your blog posts in 2012!

J said...

Best to you and your family, and thanks for blogging for/with us!

Deb said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family...hope to read more of your work (on the printed page and on your blog) in 2012!

Fiona said...

A very happy Christmas to you and yours, Martin, and all good wishes for a prosperous and successful new year. Thank you for the pleasure your blog gives and I hope you will continue with it through 2012.

Diane J Standiford said...

Merry Christmas! I am happy to have found your blog. My blog is bothering my book writing time and 2012 I will finally get down to business. (Hmmm, I said that last year...) Peace, Diane

anthony stemke said...

Have a Happy Christmas.

aguja said...

I hope that you dah a wonderful Christmas Day, with many mysteries to beguile and inspire you!

Martin Edwards said...

Margot, I'm very glad I'm not the only one...
Thank you all very much, and Diane - welcome to the blog!

lyn said...

Merry Christmas Martin. I love Cyril Hare & it's been a long time since I read An English Murder, thanks for the reminder.